The Luxembourg Trade & Invest website regularly publishes articles on topics of interest to international companies looking for an attractive business location in Europe. A deep dive into our website analytics shows which articles were the most read in 2020.
Luxembourg performance in international rankings
How Luxembourg performs in various economic and societal fields compared to other countries is obviously an interesting and relevant topic for many of our readers – and the country frequently ranks highly in various international studies. 5 of the 10 most read articles in 2020 cover Luxembourg’s position in international rankings:
- Luxembourg is, according to 2020 FM Global Resilience Index, the 7th most resilient economy in the world
- The 2020 Environmental Performance Index ranks Luxembourg as the 2nd most sustainable country in the world
- The 2019 Nation Brands Report claims that Luxembourg has the 5th strongest national brand in the world
- The Henley Passport Index Global Ranking concludes that Luxembourg passports are the 4th best in the world in terms of passport holders’ freedom to travel without having to apply for a visa
- The 2020 edition of the Times Higher Education Young University Ranking determines that the University of Luxembourg is the 12th best young university in the world
Coronavirus pandemic: Market trends and Luxembourg response
Companies across the world have obviously been deeply affected by the COVID-19 crisis, and many of our readers found our articles related to this topic interesting. Our 3rd most read article in 2020 focused on the study produced by national innovation agency Luxinnovation on market trends that will shape the post COVID-19 economy.
Top articles also speak about the impact of the coronavirus crisis on the Luxembourg economy, the country’s management of the health crisis and on the COVID-19 test kit developed by Luxembourg-based Siemens Healthineers.
8 steps to start a business in Luxembourg
Many of our readers are looking for practical information about how to create a company in Luxembourg. An article on the new version of the brochure “How to set up a business in Luxembourg” published in July completes the list of the 10 most read texts in 2020.