The mission was widely covered in the local press. Below are some highlights:
You can check out details of the Minister’s interview in CHosun ilbo where he cited “openness” as the secret to a stronger country. From being the financial hub, Luxembourg has also shifted its focus to space mining.
The Minister also appeared in a TV interview on Arirang’s the Chamber.
The interview focused on the economic cooperation between Korea and Luxembourg and highlighted the reason for the Minister’s visit and emphasised Luxembourg’s efforts to help start-up companies. During the mission, a memorandum of understanding was signed between the two countries to support start-up companies. The interview also mentioned Luxembourg’s initiatives in the area of space mining.
Interview in Aju Business Daily with the Executive Director of Luxembourg’s Trade and Investment Office in Seoul, Ms. Younhee Kim.
The interview focused on the role of the Trade and Investment office and Luxembourg’s start-up ecosystem.
You can also check out our video with testimonials from Koreans living and working in Luxembourg.
Luxembourg – your ideal gateway to Europe
Luxembourg is an ideal location from which Korean companies – start-ups as well as established firms – can launch or expand their business on the European market. Its many advantages include, for example:
- Excellent geographical location in close proximity to several of the EU’s leading consumer markets (notably Germany and France). 60% of the EU’s GDP can be reached by a one-hour flight.
- Highly skilled, multi-cultural and multi-lingual workforce, making it easy to work with customers and conduct business in different European countries.
- Business friendly environment with an attractive legal framework, and easy access to open-minded politicians, public authorities and administrations.
- Stable and reliable: world-leading GDP performance, most open economy in Europe, economic growth with an average of >4% over the last 5 years, increase in employment of over 50% in the last 15 years, reliable legal and regulatory system
- Outstanding digital capacities: ultra-low latency connection, state-of-the-art data centres, large investments in high performance computing, big data applications and artificial intelligence, centre of excellence in cybersecurity
- Attractive R&D and innovation incentives and favourable intellectual property rights regime
- Strong focus on developing key business sectors (digital economy, cybersecurity, space, smart mobility, clean technologies, logistics)
Luxembourg is also a great place to relocate international staff or recruit top talent. As one of the safest countries in the world, it offers an excellent quality of life and world-class health and education. Luxembourg has been ranked as the best place for expats to build an international career.