Luxembourg: Open, Dynamic and multicultural
Luxembourg- Taiwan Working Holiday Arrangement has been implemented as of 1st January 2019. Each year, 40 young Taiwanese aged between 18 and 35 can stay up to one year in Luxembourg. This programme will allow participants to visit the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg for tourism, temporary employment or short-term self-funded educational projects.
Luxembourg is a landlocked nation located in the heart of Western Europe, and has borders with Belgium, France and Germany. With Luxembourgish, German, and French as its official languages, English is widely spoken, the country is known for its rich cultural heritage and events.
Geographically, Luxembourg is made up of two distinct regions. If you travel north, you will find yourself in the ‘Oesling’, which is a hilly and wooded part of the Ardennes region with medieval castles lining its rivers and valleys. Going south from here, the landscape changes completely and you will end up in a far more densely populated area called the ‘Gutland’. This is where you will find the capital Luxembourg City, home to a number of European institutions and all the major financial and banking institutions, industries and research establishments.
From plains to forests, natural parks, lakes and rivers, the Grand Duchy is fitted with vast and preserved green spaces and with rich wildlife and flora that nature lovers can take advantage of.
There are also many cultural activities in Luxembourg. Museums, Cultural Centers, Theaters, Music halls, which reflect the cultural, artistic and historical dimension of the Grand Duchy.
- Be between the age of 18 and 35 years (inclusive).
- Have not participated in the working holiday program for Luxembourg before.
- Have a sufficient knowledge of one of Luxembourg’s official languages. (Luxemburgish, German, French) or English.
- Be legally domiciled in Taiwan.
- Travel without dependents.
- Have sufficient financial resources at the time of departure (a minimum of 2.500 EUR is required)
- Applicant need to apply in person (by appointment only).
- One printed and signed copy of filled in Online application form. (Please click here for the user guide of online application form.)
- 1 recent passport photographs (color).
- A passport that includes a personal identification number and which is valid for at least 15 months on the date the visa is issued.
- A valid round-trip ticket.
- Proof that applicants possess the equivalent of 2,500 EUR by submitting a certificate of their bank stating the current balance or by submitting their credit card (valid for the period of the stay), together with the last credit card statement.
- Insurance: An “all risk” insurance valid for the period of your stay and covering occupational accidents, health care including medical costs, hospitalization and return home coverage (purchased after your visa interview has been approved). A copy of Taiwanese Health Insurance ID card and English Insurance certification to prove your participation in the National Health Insurance Program of R.O.C (Taiwan).
- A medical certificate (template attached) issued whether by an accredited hospital of the Luxembourg Trade and Investment Office, Taipei or any other hospital. In the latter case the medical certificate must be duly *authenticated.
- A duly *authenticated certificate of good conduct.
* Please note that the notarized documents are valid for three months.